2 cucumbers, peeled, seeded and diced
2 cups of greek yogurt
2 tbsp of olive oil
1 tbsp of fresh dill, chopped
3 garlic cloves, peeled
salt and pepper, to taste
1. Place the cucumbers in a strainer over a bowl and sprinkle with a little salt. Let this stand for about 30 minutes.
2. In a food processor, combine yogurt, cucumbers, olive oil, juice from the lemon, dill, garlic and salt and pepper.
3. Process until all the ingredients are well combined.
4. Cover and refrigerate for at least one hour.
|cucumber||2||peel, slice in half, and scoop out the seeds with a spoon|
|olive oil||1 2/3 Tbsps|
|white distilled vinegar||2 tsps|
|salt||2 tsps||to taste|
|black pepper||3/4 tsp||to taste|
- Place the yogurt in a strainer. Place the strainer over a bowl and allow to drain overnight.
- Grate the cucumber and place in a strainer. Allow to strain overnight.
- Grate the garlic clove and finely mince the dill.
- In a bowl combine the strained yogurt and cucumber.
- Stir in the grated garlic and minced dill.
- Stir in the olive oil and vinegar.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve with warm slices of pita bread.