- 1 cup salted butter ( softened)
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 16 ounces cream cheese ( softened, cut-up)
- 4 lbs confectioners' sugar ( powdered)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons clear vanilla extract
- In a large bowl (or KA Mixer) cream together shortening and butter.
- Stop and scrape down, start again till creamy.
- Add cut-up cream cheese and cream again, scraping down sides till fluffy on high.
- Add vanilla extract and blend.
- Add at time confectioner's sugar, starting on low speed as to not spray sugar all over, then increase speed till blended each time and scrape down each time.
- You may add salt if you need to.
- Turn on high speed for 15 minutes to make frosting blended, smooth and fluffy.
- Also you may have to chill frosting after completed.